Play Keno Online at Top Real Money Online Casinos
A Comprehensive Guide to Playing Keno Games at Top Casino Sites
Do you enjoy bingo? If so, you'll love keno. As a variation of classic lottery drawings, you can win massive amounts of money just for choosing the right numbers. Waiting for your lucky numbers to come up is one of the purest forms of gambling. And we've found you some of the best places to play (as well as offering a detailed explanation of the game). So what are you waiting for? Dive into keno!
What's in this Guide?
Our Top Rated Keno Casinos 2019
- Payout Speed: 1-2 days
- Win Rate: 98.45%
- Selection of over 400+ games
- Best Choice for US players
- Amazing first deposit bonus
- Excellent game selection
Banking options include
- Payout Speed: 1-2 days
- Win Rate: 98.32%
- Huge welcome offer
- Fast payouts
- Safe and secure platform
- Solid game selection
Banking options include
Bonus up to
1. Playing Keno Like A Pro
Love playing the lottery? We do. But we hate waiting for Friday or Saturday night to roll around. That’s when the big draws happen. And we hate being crushed when our numbers rarely come up. That’s why we love keno so much.
Real money keno is basically the lottery on demand. Pick your numbers, wait for the casino to draw a series of numbers, and then get paid out based on how many numbers you were able to catch. Up until just a few years ago, you had to head to your local land-based to casino to play a game of keno. But thanks to online casino sites, keno is literally a click or tap away. And convenience is just one of the reasons why you’ll love playing keno for real cash. Here’s a look at a few more:
- It’s mindless - you don’t have to make any decisions after you’ve picked your numbers
- You can play just a few numbers or a bunch of them - it’s your call
- When you play online keno, you never have to wait for a game to start - you control each game
Those are just a few of the reasons why you’ll love playing real money keno online. But before you play, make sure you learn the strategy tips you should follow if you want to win. Keep reading for all the info.
Getting to Know the Game
A typical real money online keno game consists of a keno card, a pay table, and a few buttons. While every online keno game is a bit different, these are the common elements you’ll find when you choose to play online.
- Keno Card - A keno card is essentially a giant grid of numbers. You can think of it as a large lottery ticket with the numbers 1 through 80. In a typical online keno game you’ll find eight rows of 10 numbers each.
- Pay Table - This one shows you what your payout will be for the number of catches you make. In keno, you don’t necessary get paid out for hitting more numbers. Instead, you get paid out if the percentage of numbers you hit is high. For example, catching 6 of 6 selected numbers might net you a payout of 1800x your bet, but catching 6 of 14 numbers selected might only net you 2x your bet.
- Quick Pick - Rather than selecting the numbers on your own, you can choose the Quick Pick button to have the system pick them for you. This is much like the quick pick feature found in most state lotteries.
How to Play Keno Online
- Select an online keno game
- Choose a minimum of 1 number a maximum of 20 numbers from the keno grid
- Decide how much you want to bet per draw
- Wait for the numbers to be drawn to find out if you are a winner
If you can play the lottery, you can play keno online for real cash. In fact, online keno is way easier. Start by selecting your numbers. In most online casino games, you can choose between 1 and 20 numbers. How many you choose is completely up to you. But remember, the greater the percentage of numbers you catch, the higher your payout rate will be.
Explore the Gameplay
As you click your numbers, the payout table will begin to populate. The payout table usually has two columns—Hits and Payout. Combined, this information tells you how much money you’ll make if you catch a certain quantity of numbers. So, if the Hits/Payout table reads 5/800, you’d get paid out 800x your bet if you hit 5 numbers.
You can adjust your bet by clicking the arrows next to the selected bet amount. At some real money online keno casinos, the arrows point up and down. In others, they might point left or right. Usually, the arrows appear in color so you know that they’re clickable.
If you’re used to playing the slots, you’re probably used to seeing a Spin button. In slots, you hit the Spin button to activate the reels. You won’t find a Spin button in online keno because there’s no spinning involved. Instead, you’ll likely find a Play 1, Play 5, or Play 10 button. This simply tells the online casino how many rounds of numbers you’d like to play. In a nutshell, you’re choosing how many games in a row you’d like to play.
Once the real cash keno game starts, the system will draw 20 numbers, checking off each one with an X or a checkmark (again, it depends on the online keno casino you choose to play at). You’ll then get paid out based on how many numbers you’ve hit.
2. Choosing the Best Online Keno Site
Keno online is a lot of fun, and you can make sure you get the best experience online if you stick to those casinos that offer the features you, and seasoned players, enjoy. Here are some things to look out for, and why:
Look for High Payout Percentages
The payout percentage is what a casino pays out in winnings as a proportion of the money wagered. A 98% payout percentage means that the casino pays out $98 on every $100 made in wagers. The casino's profit comes from the $2 difference.
Note that the 98% is not what you will get back on any individual bet. This is because it's an overall figure for the casino, taken from thousands of players and across many months. As a general rule, though, it is a good idea to choose a casino site offering a high rate. Typically a good keno casino will have an overall payout percentage between 95 and 96 percent.
Not all casinos pay out the same
Calculate the best bonuses available online.
|Casino||Bonus Awarded ? As some casinos will give the best bonus right on your first deposit, and others might require several deposits to unlock the offer, the casino with the best offer here will change depending on the amount you enter.||Total Bankroll ? Total bankroll figures depend on the way the casinos award their bonuses. A casino might offer the same bonus as another overall, but will require 1, 3 or several deposits to reach the full reward. This is why the same casino can rank differently for different amounts you enter.|
Find the Best Bonus Offer Available
It's usual to receive a welcome bonus when you sign up to a casino site. These usually come as a percentage of the amount you put down as your first deposit.
This bonus will build up your bankroll ready for your first gaming session, increasing your chances of winning.
Bonuses will vary between casinos in terms of how they are paid out over time and the gaming requirements players have to meet. It's a good idea to check the details on the casino site first before you sign up.
Tip: Find a high bonus at a casino and make sure it is coupled with suitable playthrough requirements that will allow you to fully enjoy the amount.
Play at the Best Online Keno Sites
There’s a problem with a lot of Internet casinos. They focus on slot machines and table games, leaving keno as an afterthought. Unfortunately, way too many casinos don’t really focus on their keno players.
That doesn’t just show in their quality of software, with some high-end casinos offering keno games with poor graphics and gameplay that just feels sloppy. But it also applies to online keno bonuses. Some Internet gambling sites offer great bonuses for slots and table games players but leave keno players out in the cold.
Assess the Security Measures
When it comes to playing real money keno online, security should be of the utmost importance. Even the slightest hint of something looking off should deter you from a site. As soon as you are logged in you should see the green bar of trust at the top of the webpage. This should never disappear. Secure payment options are equally important. Anything less is not worth your time or money.
Additional Features to Watch Out For
The best keno sites online will stand out in a number of different ways. Some are so subtle that the average gambler will pass them over without even realizing how they have benefited from them. If you want to play at the best sites look for:
- The eCogra seal of approval and other trusted third party auditors
- Plenty of payment and currency options
- Multilingual software and customer support
- Fast withdrawal times and high limits
- Smooth, up to date gaming software
Why Our Opinion Should Matter to You
So how do you know where to look? Start with us. We’re huge real money internet keno fans, so when we review online casino sites, the first thing we do is check out their online keno offering. If they offer poor quality keno—or no keno at all—they don’t make our list.
The handful of casinos that make the cut aren’t all passed along to you. We only recommend the best, which is why we put every online casino through a rigorous review process. We look at everything, including quality of customer service, deposit options, security, cashout speed, and game selection. Yes game selection is a big deal. We know that even the most diehard online keno players want to enjoy other casino games, too. So we make sure that our picks offer the best all round casino experience.
3. Keno Betting Strategy
We all know that winning at real cash keno is pretty random, and there’s nothing you can really do to change that. In blackjack you can do things like count cards and avoid taking insurance. Likewise in roulette, you can play various combinations of column and outside bets to up your chances. In keno online, you simply sit back and enjoy the show. It is a game of chance, which means having Lady Luck on your side will be the best way to win.
That said you can still employ a two thirds betting strategy to help you have a little more fun. Start off by betting the minimum. If you win a game, up your bet. If you lose, decrease it. This isn’t a surefire way to win, but this betting strategy has led to some impressive results for many real money keno players.
Remember, no matter what betting strategy you employ, always be sure to gamble within your bankroll, and never deposit more than you can afford to a real cash online keno site.
4. Top Tips for Gameplay
Keno is one of the most popular games because you don’t really need to follow a lot of rules to win. However, don’t play completely blindly. We suggest you keep the following in mind before you start picking your numbers:
- The keno board has 80 numbers, but you can’t check off all of them. How many you can check off depends on the casino you’re playing at, but the total number is usually between 15 and 20.
- While some casinos will let you play as few as one number, some online casino sites will require you to play at least two numbers.
- If you’re playing real money keno in a land-based casino, you need to wait for a keno game to start before you can see what your payout is. Online, you’re in control of exactly when each game starts.
Quick Keno Tips
- Play a consistent set of numbers - It’s easier to keep track of which numbers come up frequently. Try mixing in a balanced amount of high and low numbers to increase your odds of winning.
- Read the payout chart before you play - You will need to hit a minimum amount of numbers to win. Review the chart first so you know what is required.
- Take advantage of keno bonuses - Most casinos will offer a competitive bonus when you join, giving you a helping hand when you start out in Keno or other games.
- Remember that this is a game of luck - Choosing fewer numbers, rather than more, will give you a better chance but really it's a case of gambling sensibly and watching the game.
Understanding payout ratios
Keno is a fairly easy game to play that doesn’t involve much strategy. You simply pick your numbers and hope for the best. But that doesn’t mean you can’t employ some level of strategy to help up your chances of winning.
While every real money keno website pays out more when you catch a higher percentage of numbers, the amount casinos pay out vary. Before you lock in your numbers, play around and see what the payout is like for various situations. For example, take a look and see what the payout differences are between catching 7 of 12 numbers and 7 of 15 numbers. Depending on the Internet keno website, it might be more worthwhile to choose more numbers if the payout ratio proves to be lower.
5. The Quick History of Keno
Out of all the casino games, keno has one of the most interesting stories of origin, particularly because much of it lies within mystery, myth, truth, and elsewhere in between. Stories of emperors, wars, railroads, and races all have their part.
- Beginning in China - The first evidence of keno can be traced to ancient China when it was played with 120 Chinese characters. Popular during the Han dynasty, ruled by Cheung Leung, he encouraged residents to play it in order to collect taxes that were used to fund the Han dynasty war. Later on keno taxes helped to build the Great Wall of China.
- Moving to America - In the 1800s Chinese made a rush to western shores of the United States where they sought to work on the railroads. As they settled in San Francisco they introduced Keno to Americans who found the characters to be confusing. This lead to them being replaced with numbers.
- 20th Century - A loophole in the legal system allowed gambling, but not lotteries. As keno was a lottery, operators cleverly changed the name to Racehorse Keno and said it was a racing game, thus making it legal. The numbers of the keno card correlated with horses and the drawing was called the ‘race’. Some casinos use this term even today.
- Today - With the digital age rapidly taking over the world of gambling, keno continues to live on. The best casinos online boast incredible keno games that could very well impress Emperor Cheung Leung himself.
Common Keno Questions
What Is Keno?
Keno is a lottery style game with 80 balls numbered 1 through 80. Players choose up to 20 numbers and place a wager on which ones will be drawn at random on the next game. Payouts are based upon how many numbers the player chose are called, the number of matches out of those chosen, and the wager. The more numbers that are guessed right, the more real money the player can win.
Are online keno games fair?
Yes, like other games, at the heart of the keno software is a random number generator. This means every number called is by random chance. To ease your mind it may help to play at recommended keno casinos that are frequently audited by third parties.
Where is the best place to play online casino keno?
Is there a strategy that will increase my chances of winning?
Keno is a game of luck and only this can actually enable you to win. There are different strategies used by keno players to balance out their betting. One strategy is to bet more when you are winning and bet less when you are losing.
What are the odds of winning in keno?
The odds of winning will reflect the amount of numbers you choose and catch. The odds of hitting the only single number you choose is 1 in 4. Whereas choosing four numbers and hitting all of them carries a 1 in 326.43 chance of winning; yet hitting two of the four numbers chosen comes with practical odds of 1 in 4.70. Hitting 4 out of 8 numbers carries odds of 1 in 12.27. It’s recommended to review an odds table to better understand the full range of odds.
Will I have to pay taxes on my winnings?
It depends on what country you are a resident or citizen of. Some countries require gamblers to pay taxes on winnings and others don’t. Check with a lawyer or online legal resource for more information.
Can I play for free before wagering real cash?
Yes the best online casinos will offer you the ability to play keno for free before making a real money deposit.
Can I play online keno on my mobile or tablet?
You can play keno on an Android, Apple, Blackberry, or Windows device. Take advantage of this opportunity and have fun anywhere at any time.
How old do I have to be to play keno online?
This will depend on the country you are a legal resident or citizen of and could vary between 18 and 21 years of age or more. Government and legal websites can be consulted for verification of the legal gambling age to play keno.
The total amount that casino is liable to payout in a single round. If reached, players may have to accept reduced winnings. For a game like Keno where the total payouts could become insanely high, this is a necessary feature for the casino to include.
Ping pong balls labeled with the numbers from one to eighty. Drawn at random to determine the winners of any given Keno round. These are to Keno as dice are to craps, or as the wheel is to roulette.
A player's available sum of money for use in Keno.
The total amount of money wagered by a player in a single round of Keno, on a single ticket.
The casino employee that literally calls out the winning numbers during a Keno game.
The time right before Keno balls are drawn. No casino tickets can be written while the game is closed.
The panel of twenty Keno balls that are "drawn" in any given round. This displays the winning numbers.
A collection of unmarked, circled spots.
The digital display that shows which numbers make up the draw.
A slang term for the device used to mix up and, ultimately draw, the Keno balls. Don't be surprised if you run into a shockingly large number of other players that aren't familiar with this important term.
A slang term for a winning spot. Achieved when one of your spots matches a number in the round's draw.
A slang term for the casino.
The percentage of any given wager that the casino is statistically expected to retain over the long run. A high house edge is bad for players but good for the casino. Keno has a house edge of approximately 30%, which makes it higher than average.
Appears on a Keno ticket as a way to show which numbers are spots. Often made with a black crayon provided by the casino specifically for this purpose.
The opposite of closed. Any point in time when the casino is accepting more Keno wagers for the coming draw.
The diagram that explains exactly how much any given win is worth.
A template offered by the house. A punch out matches your original Keno ticket, but all of the numbers from the draw are punched out. This makes it significantly easier for players to quickly check for winning tickets. Just lay it over your ticket and see which of the spots show through the holes.
Random Number Generator
A mechanism in video Keno games, including online casinos, that is used to randomly create the draw. A completely fair and unpredictable tool for operating a Keno game, as well as other casino games.
A slang term for any of the numbers that have been marked on a Keno ticket.
The piece of paper that players use to make their Keno wagers. It has a grid with eighty numbers (from one to eighty) and players can mark their spots and choose their bet size on this document. A copy should be given to the player after the wager is made.
A popular way of playing Keno which is set up by the host casino. A series of games are offered and players compete to outperform each other and win the overall prize money. One of the best ways to shake your game up, because a Keno tournament has a totally different feel and pace than a traditional Keno session.
Any Keno ticket that contains two or more distinct bets.
A casino employee that interacts with the keno players. Responsibilities include accepting completed Keno tickets, creating the official digital ticket, accepting the money for all wagers, and paying any players with winning tickets. Don't mistakenly call these employees "dealers".