Independent Ratings and Reviews of US Online Casinos
Our independent reviewers rank the best casinos in 2023
With so many online casinos available in the US, you might be a little overwhelmed by the choice. Our team of experts personally test and review online casinos and sportsbooks to find you the best sites. All our casino reviews are based on several important comparison criteria so you can get a feel for each site's gameplay and overall experience. Read on to discover more about our reviews and join the thousands of players around the world who we've helped to find their best casino online!
Read the top US casino reviews
US online casinos to avoid
Every casino review we conduct is guided by our methodical 25-step process. Gaming variation, banking, bonuses and loyalty, customer support, mobile gaming - all of these and more are part of our review process. If a casino can’t pass every single step, it’s added to our list of sites to avoid.
How we review casinos in the USA
Security and trust
It's crucial that your money and personal information are secure when gambling online. As part of our 25-step reviews process we check for legitimate, independent licensing, regulation for fairness, and strong encryption on data.
Games and software
We always test a casino's game selection ourselves with real money, to get a true feel for it. We're looking for a good variety of real money and free play online casino games from top software developers, including blackjack, roulette and online slots, huge progressive jackpots, and the option to download.
Bonuses and promotions
Welcome bonuses and no deposit bonuses provide a great initial boost to your bankroll and should be easy to claim, with no complex wagering requirements. We also like to see regular promotions for all players, and a VIP scheme for loyal players is another big plus.
Deposits and withdrawals
A range of secure US banking options is essential, and both the deposit and withdrawal processes should be quick and easy, with minimal processing time. A fair RTP should also be displayed on the casino's site, so players know they'll be getting a decent payout when they win, as well as a quick bet settlement speed on sporting events.
Although you hopefully won't need to use it, a good customer support service should be available around the clock, via various channels such as email, live chat and telephone. Casinos should also honor data protection agreements and consider the wellbeing of their customers.
With the huge popularity of mobile gaming, online casinos and sportsbooks should be optimized for all popular mobile devices. We expect an easy-to-use interface and smooth gameplay, whether it's a mobile site accessible via a browser or a downloadable app.
As many online gamblers enjoying playing at sites from all over the world, casinos and sports betting sites must offer a tailored experience in a range of languages and accept different currencies.
How our expert ratings are calculated
So now you know the features our experts expect to find at any top sportsbook or casino online in the USA, and the process they go through to thoroughly test each one. Below is a breakdown of how each of the seven review categories contributes to a casino's overall expert rating on our site. We also factor in research based on user experiences and feedback to cover what really matters to online players.
Why trust Casino.org's USA casino reviews?
25 steps are covered in our US casino and sportsbook ratings process
Over $35m in winnings have been claimed by players through our recommendations.
Over 300 bonuses are reviewed and tested monthly by our team
Our 2000+ free games have been played over a million times
Casino.org's top 5 tips for choosing the right casino
- 1Do your research - It's always a good idea to read a few online casino reviews before making your choice, to compare what different US casinos and sports betting sites have to offer. You can also check our casino avoid list to stay away from untrustworthy sites.
- 2Make sure it's available in your state - Not all online casinos accept players from everywhere in the US. Even if they do, they may not offer the same bonus or promotions to everyone. Get in touch with customer service before joining if you're unsure.
- 3Test the free games - Many casinos in the US offer free games that you can try without having to create an account. This is a great way to get a feel for some of their games and see if you like them before depositing any real money.
- 4Understand bonus requirements - More often than not, the bigger the bonus, the better it is. While this may be true, you need to examine the bonus wagering requirements too. It's important to know how much you need to play through in order to claim your winnings.
- 5Check the payout speed - There's nothing worse than winning a huge jackpot and then sitting and waiting for weeks or even months before you can claim it. You'll want an online casino or sportsbook with a fast payout time.
Are you a casino looking to get listed?
Tens of thousands of players worldwide trust our 25-step review process to provide accurate, independent casino recommendations that are focused on players' needs. Submit your brand for review with us, and if you meet the criteria, you could be featured amongst the best online casinos around the globe.