Best US baccarat casinos for real money & free play 2023
Play online baccarat for real money or free at the best baccarat sites in December, 2023. You can join one of our trusted baccarat casinos rated by expert players, or practice baccarat strategy with our free play simulator games below.
Best US baccarat online casinos for real money
What is online baccarat?
Online baccarat is a casino card game where two hands, the player and the banker, compete to score the closest to nine. Contrary to popular belief, it’s one of the easiest casino card games for new players to learn. In many ways similar to online blackjack, baccarat features a player and a banker, with each being dealt two cards.
What’s the goal of baccarat?
The goal of baccarat is to achieve a hand with the closest value to nine, beating the banker's hand. No hand can be valued above nine, so if the total of your hand exceeds this the score drops its first digit. Thus 12 becomes two, 18 becomes eight, etc. Bets are made on either the player, banker, or a tie.
Play free online baccarat games
Get a feel for the gameplay with our baccarat simulator games before playing for real money at a US baccarat online casino. You can play baccarat for free online with no downloads or signups by clicking on the games below. Our free games give you instant access to practice baccarat and learn how the popular game variants work. You can also visit our full selection of baccarat free games online.
Play for real money at our top US baccarat casino
Payout 2 days
Win Rate 96%
The most popular online baccarat variants
Punto banco, Baccarat banque, and Chemin de fer are the three most popular baccarat variants. There are several other baccarat variations available at US online casinos, and below we've outlined the most common games you'll find. Learn how the gameplay, betting, and payouts work.
- Punto banco
- Chemin de fer
- Baccarat banque
- Mini baccarat
- 3-card baccarat
- European baccarat
- Dragon Tiger
This is the most common version of online baccarat, and the one most people will associate with the game. Players (punto) bet against the banker (banco), and so the casino is financially involved in the game.
Players are trying to get as close to nine as possible, and higher than the banker’s hand, without exceeding nine. Bets are taken on either the player or banker having the winning hand, or egalitie (tie).
Eight decks of cards are used in this variant, with the player and the banker receiving two cards each. Players can take an additional card if their hand total is below five.
A winning punto bet pays out 1:1. Banco wins pay out 95:100 with a 5% house edge. A winning tie bet pays out 8:1.
How to play baccarat online
It’s essential to know the rules before you play online baccarat for real money at any US online casino. You can read our full guide on how to play baccarat, and, in brief, here’s how a standard game works:
- 1Find the best baccarat online casino and select your game
- 2Place a bet on either the player or banker’s side
- 3Two cards are dealt to both the player and the banker
- 4If the sum of either hand is eight or nine, no more cards are dealt
- 5If either hand equals 0-5, a third card is dealt
- 6The winning is hand is the closest to nine
The aim of online baccarat is to get a hand as close to nine as possible, and to be closer than the banker’s hand. Here are the basics to know before joining an online baccarat casino:
- Baccarat is played using a 6 or 8-deck shoe
- The cards 2-9 carry their face value
- Aces are equal to 1
- 10, J, Q, K are equal to 0
- Suits aren’t important in hand rankings
- If your score goes over nine, you drop the first digit
Betting options in baccarat
There are three types of bets in a baccarat game online – the player, the bank, and the tie. One thing to know is that baccarat has the lowest house edge of any other table game. What do we mean by house edge? It’s the advantage that the house has and the profit the casino makes over time.
|Bet type||Odds||Payout||House edge|
8:1 or 9:1
How we rate the best US online baccarat casinos
Our team of reviewers at Casino.org are players themselves, and use their industry knowledge and experience to carefully review baccarat casinos online. We consider several important factors in our review process when deciding whether to recommend a US casino. Below is a short guide on what you can expect from the best baccarat sites we recommend.
- Security & fairness: Your money and data should be in safe hands when gambling online. We check that casinos use security measures such as SSL encryption to keep your information safe, and also look out for valid licenses and evidence of third-party auditing to ensure games are fair.
- Casino bonuses: A casino bonus is a great way to increase your bankroll, and offers should be available at all good casinos where you play baccarat online. Many will also offer regular promotions and even a VIP club with special rewards for returning players.
- Quality games & software: At any quality online baccarat casino, we expect to see a high number of game variants and live dealer games. A varied selection of other table games, online slots, and live dealer options from the best casino software developers is also crucial for a top rating.
- Mobile options: Playing baccarat on the go should be easy, and with the huge popularity of mobile casino games it's important that casinos are optimized for smaller screens. Baccarat sites should run smoothly on all devices, and a casino app that players can download to their preferred device is a great bonus.
- Customer care: Addressing players' needs should be a top priority at any high-quality casino, and we expect to see top-notch customer service available to players around the world, via a range of means.
- Banking & payouts: Being able to manage your funds using your preferred banking method is a huge factor when choosing an online baccarat casino, so we like to see a good range of options available. It's also important that deposits and withdrawals are made quickly, without excessive processing times.
The best online baccarat strategies
As with many other table games at US online casinos, betting systems can be applied to reduce the losses you'll make from a game, and hopefully also increase your winnings. We've included a few examples below for you to try out in your next online baccarat game. Generally these systems apply to bets on the player, as these pay out 1:1. Banker bets will have a house edge. You can try out these strategies if you’re playing online baccarat for real money, and if you’re playing baccarat online for free.
The Martingale system in baccarat works by doubling your bets after any losses, and making only the minimum bet after wins. The rationale behind this system is that, by continuing to double on each loss, the next winning bet will recover your losses and leave you in profit.
Obviously the Martingale system requires a large bankroll to keep doubling bets on losses, and so is not practical for every player. Also be aware of betting limits - baccarat games don’t run on indefinitely, and you could find that doubling your bets reaches the game limit before a win covers your accumulated losses.
In the Labouchere baccarat system, players define an amount they're looking to win and break this down into a list of numbers. These numbers determine the amounts wagered in each hand of the game in an attempt to maximize short term profit and reach the intended goal.
For example, if you wanted to win $50 on baccarat, you could split this amount using the sequence 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (which adds up to the $50 total). To bet, you add the two end numbers together. 8+12 would make your first bet $20. If the bet wins, you cross 8 and 12 off the list and move to the next end numbers (9 and 11). If the $20 bet loses, however, you add the 20 to the number sequence. Your next bet becomes 8+20, so $28.
Similarly to Martingale, following Labouchere means betting more when you lose hands. Again be mindful of the financial outlay of this system before you decide what works for you.
In baccarat, 1-3-2-6 is a number sequence strategy for determining the size of the bets you make in each hand of the game. With each wining bet, you progress up the betting sequence. If you lose a bet, the sequence begins again.
This system is designed to maximize short winning streaks and minimize losses. However, you will incur a small loss if you lose on the first two bets.
The 1-3-2-4 baccarat strategy is similar to the 1-3-2-6 strategy, but without a hefty 6x wager. It again requires you to increase your wager each time you win a hand. After any losing hand you return to your original stake amount.
The numbers represent the increase in stake. So after a winning hand on an initial bet you'd increase the stake 3x. If that hand wins you increase the stake again 2x, and then finally 4x. Assuming no hand loses, the sequence then starts again.
The one sided baccarat strategy is very simple, and involves choosing to consistently bet on either the player or banker. The aim of this strategy is to benefit from the fluctuations of advantageous hands any one side will see over time.
The presumption is that this strategy will allow the bettor to break even through the game, and also gain a profit when their side receives favorable hands. It aims to follow the slight changes in statistical advantage both player and banker will enjoy over time. When using this strategy, it's good to have a target for how much you'd like to win so you know when to end your game.
The baccarat Paroli strategy is one of the few positive betting systems. Positive means you increase (in this case double) your bet each time you win. The Paroli sequence of bets is 1-2-4, and after a loss you go back to 1 and restart.
It’s advisable to stop doubling after the third bet, as there’s a risk of running into the red if you push your luck too far and your winning streak ends. Simply start the sequence again. There really isn't much more to it.
To use Fibonacci for baccarat strategy, your stake amount is multiplied by a number in the Fibonacci sequence (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89), where the next number is the sum of the previous two. You work up through the sequence in each hand of the baccarat game. If you start with a 1x wager, a losing hand means you’d bet 1x in the next, and the next hand would be 2x. A winning bet moves you back by two numbers in the sequence.
Again, remember that this kind of system requires you to wager more when your bets are losing. The goal is to cover losses with an eventual win, but you’ll need a bankroll big enough to fund this betting style.
The d’Alembert system applies a rule of increasing bets by one unit for a loss, and decreasing by one unit on a win. To apply d’Alembert to baccarat, establish how much money one unit represents in your betting and then apply the rule.
Let’s say you’re betting $10. The sequence might play out like this:
- 1Bet $10 and lose
- 2Bet $20 and lose
- 3Bet $30 and win
- 4Bet $20 and lose
- 5Bet $30 and lose
- 6Bet $40 and win
Keep in mind that this system also requires betting more while you’re losing, so you need to be prepared for that in your bankroll calculations.
Quick baccarat tips
To help you get the most out of your online baccarat game, our experts have listed a few quick tips to keep in mind.
- 1If you’re in a land-based casino, find a house edge below 5%: You want to know that, while you're honing your gaming skills, you are playing for the most you can get, rather than giving it all back to the casino in fees.
- 2Don’t bet on a tie: Despite the high payout should you win, the tie wager stings you with an astronomical house edge of 14.44%. As it's so unlikely to actually happen, you're better off saving your money and betting on the player or the banker instead.
- 3Try a betting strategy to mitigate some of your losses: The games will run long, so follow the patterns in the game and let your bets follow where it is headed.
- 4Bet on the banker: With slightly higher odds of winning at 45.8% as opposed to a bet on the player of 44.6%, betting on the banker can pay off the most in the long run. If they go on a winning streak, keep betting on the banker until they lose.
Live dealer baccarat
For many players, the betting action between player and banker has to be experienced face to face, and so live baccarat that streams the action from a table with real dealers is one of the most popular online baccarat games. Players enjoy action in real time, interact with the dealer and observe and bet on physical card play. You’ll find a choice of dealers and different baccarat varieties at our top live baccarat casinos in the US.
A quick history of baccarat
As one of the oldest casino games, baccarat has a very interesting past. Our quick history takes you through everything, right up to the sophisticated online baccarat gaming we enjoy now.
- Baccarat is said to be one of the world’s oldest casino games, and was allegedly created by an Italian gambler named Felix Falguiere in the middle ages.
- Although its exact origins are unclear, the first written records of the game are from the 19th century, when it was especially popular with the French nobility.
- By the end of the 19th century, the game had found its way to the USA, as Europeans made their way across the Atlantic. But it wasn't until the 1950s that it gained popularity in casinos, with the variants Punto banco, Baccarat banque, and Chemin de fer being widely offered.
- Nowadays, you'll find many different variants available both in land casinos and online. Most online casinos will offer a selection of baccarat games, with live dealer baccarat often a popular choice for players.
Best baccarat casinos in America - key takeaways
⭐ Best baccarat casino overall
🎁 Best for baccarat bonuses
🎰 Popular baccarat titles
Punto bance, Chemin de fer, Baccarat banque, 3-card baccarat
🎮 Total baccarat variants
⚙️ Software providers
📱 Online baccarat apps
Can you play baccarat online for real money in the US?
Yes, you can play baccarat online for real money as long as you are in a state that allows online gambling. Take a look at our recommended baccarat online casinos to start playing today.
What states allow online baccarat?
New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan are three states that have legalized online casino gambling, including online baccarat. Always check the current legal status of online gambling in your state as laws change over time. Also make sure you only play at safe and legal US baccarat sites.
What baccarat variations are available?
Punto banco, Chemin de fer, Baccarat banque, and Mini baccarat are some of the online baccarat variants available in the US. There are a lot of different baccarat variants out there but the goals of most types remains the same, with just some slight changes to the rules of play.
What are the odds of winning at baccarat?
The odds of winning baccarat are a little shy of 50/50. The player hand wins 44.62% of the time and the banker’s hand wins 45.85%. The average payout percentage for baccarat is around 98%, giving the player fairly decent odds against the house.
Is baccarat a game of skill?
No, baccarat is all based on luck and the only choice you make is what you bet on when playing. As long as you place a bet on the player or dealer hand, you have a decent chance of winning with each round.
What is the best baccarat bet?
Betting on the banker hand is the safest baccarat bet. It has the best chance of winning and offers a higher return to player. You can check out our quick baccarat tips above for more guidance on how to play online baccarat.
Is it possible to count cards in baccarat?
Yes, it is possible to count cards in baccarat. However, it's very difficult when playing online. When playing baccarat online, casinos will use an RNG that generates random cards each time a hand is dealt, making card counting impossible.
Are online baccarat games rigged?
No, online baccarat games are not rigged. At the best baccarat online casinos, such as those recommended on our site, a random number generator is used to draw cards. This means that the casino running the game cannot control or change the outcome of a game.
How does no commission baccarat work?
No commission baccarat removes the 5% house edge that’s normally taken on winning banker hand bets. Bear in mind the casino will cover its commission by instead taking 50% on any winning banker hand that scores six, which occurs approximately every 19 hands.
Do I pay taxes on baccarat winnings?
Yes, baccarat winnings are generally considered taxable income in most US states.
Alexander Korsager has been immersed in online casinos and iGaming for over 10 years, making him a dynamic General Manager at Casino.org. He uses his vast knowledge of the industry to create content across key global markets.