Rapper Blueface Must Pay $13M to Shuttered Vegas Strip Club After Shooting
Posted on: October 24, 2023, 06:35h.
Last updated on: October 24, 2023, 12:22h.
Rapper Blueface was ordered by a judge last week to pay millions of dollars to the owners of a defunct Las Vegas strip club. The club was forced to close after a shooting there involving the performer.
The rapper was directed to fork over more than $13M to Euphoric Gentlemen’s Club owners for the Oct. 8, 2022 shooting.
Two months after the armed incident, Blueface, 26, of Los Angeles, whose legal name is Johnathan Jamall Porter, was sued after club owners lost their licenses to operate the well-known adult establishment.
Las Vegas Judge Jacob Reynolds specified that Blueface pay the club’s owners $12.6M in lost revenue. He must also pay related damages that brought the total restitution to about $13.1M.
The plaintiffs claimed the club’s closure was “a direct result of [Blueface’s] negligence, willful, and/or reckless conduct,” and followed the revoking of the club’s licenses.
It appears Blueface didn’t present an opposition in court to the hefty amount. Reynolds then granted the club’s lawyers a motion for summary judgment, which cleared the way for payment. There’s been no word if Blueface will file an appeal over the lawsuit, Las Vegas TV station KLAS reported.
There is still another lawsuit against Blueface for the shooting, according to KLAS. It’s unclear if the other lawsuit has been resolved.
Night of the Shooting
The conviction stems from a confrontation with the victim, Kentabius Traylor. Traylor initially interacted with Blueface on the night of the shooting while the two were inside the club. He reportedly teased Blueface about “speaking with some females in a cheap vehicle,” KLAS reported.
Later in the evening, Blueface’s entourage confronted the victim and apparently fired their guns as he tried to leave the club in a truck.
The bullet grazed Traylor’s left hand, but he wasn’t seriously injured.
Blueface was initially charged with attempted murder. Some negotiating by his attorney lowered the charges to the less severe counts of battery and discharging a firearm at or into an occupied structure.
The plea deal led to complaints from Traylor, who claimed “people … get more time for stealing bubblegum,” according to the DailyMail.com. He added that he “completely lost faith in the justice system.”
No Jail Sentence in Earlier Conviction
In a separate criminal case earlier this month, Blueface was sentenced to up to three years’ probation by Clark County District Court Judge Kathleen E. Delaney for the shooting outside of the club.
He won’t be imprisoned if he completes his 36-month probationary period and complies with the many conditions imposed on him.
Blueface was also arrested for robbery in June after allegedly stealing a cell phone at the Palms Casino Resort. The incident occurred after a fan took a video of his girlfriend, Chrisean Rock, 22, using the phone, authorities said. That led the rapper to grab the phone, police said. That charge was dismissed.
Blueface has faced other criminal charges, including weapons charges, in 2022 and 2019, according to TMZ. The 2019 charge was dropped.
In 2018, he was arrested on an assault with a deadly weapon charge, according to the New York Times. In 2021, he attacked a bouncer after he was denied entry into a Los Angeles club, police said.
It’s not immediately known how the prior charges were adjudicated in court.
Related News Articles
November 14, 2023 — 28 Comments—
November 16, 2023 — 15 Comments—
November 10, 2023 — 9 Comments—
November 17, 2023 — 8 Comments—
November 12, 2023 — 6 Comments—