Two More Women Implicate Four Queens Security Guard in Alleged Las Vegas Sex Assaults
Posted on: November 10, 2019, 03:00h.
Last updated on: November 10, 2019, 10:15h.
A one-time Four Queens security officer, identified as Jose Dejesus Garcia, 40, was recently charged for alleged sexual assaults involving two women, who may have been working as prostitutes at the Las Vegas venue in 2018, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.
The charges relate to incidents that allegedly took place while Garcia was on duty, and apparently armed, at the downtown venue, the Review-Journal said.
Garcia was being held last week on $20,000 bail at the Clark County Detention Center on three counts of sexual assault, the report adds.
Separately, Garcia was arrested last year for a similar alleged sexual assault in a stairwell involving a third woman at the venue. Those charges were dropped in February, the Review-Journal said.
Shortly after hearing about his first arrest, the two other women contacted the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and said Garcia also sexually assaulted them inside a stairwell on July 30, 2018, the Review-Journal said.
Guard Allegedly Waiting for Women by Elevator
The two women had met men at a bar inside the Four Queens. Later, the women went to the men’s hotel room.
Upon the women leaving the room, Garcia was waiting for them by the elevator and told them “he knew what they were doing, working as prostitutes in the casino,” a police report quoted by the newspaper claims.
“Jose told them he would not call the police, but in exchange, they had to do something for him,” the report added. The trio went to the stairwell, where he allegedly forced at least one of them to perform oral sex on him. The other woman recorded the sex assault on a cellphone and the video was later given to police, the Review-Journal said.
Even though the report on the incident was completed in September 2018, a warrant for his arrest was not approved until last month.
The women told police they were frightened, so they did not call police initially, until they heard about Garcia’s first arrest.
For the earlier case that was dismissed, Garcia was charged with two counts of sexual assault, one count of attempted sexual assault, and two counts of open or gross lewdness, the Review-Journal said.
Last August, police claim Garcia threatened “to turn” the solitary woman “over to police for suspected prostitution.” But in exchange for him staying quiet, he allegedly forced the woman into the stairwell, where she performed oral sex on him, the Review-Journal said.
After leaving the hotel, she went to a local hospital and contacted the police, the newspaper reported. Another Four Queens employee contacted the police concerning the assault, the news report added.
Other Las Vegas Sex Assaults
In an unrelated case, a 37-year-old man was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting and kidnapping a woman in Las Vegas in July who he had met only a short time earlier in the New York-New York Hotel & Casino.
Capri Harris — a one-time Minnesota resident — was able to persuade the victim to his rental car parked in the venue’s garage on July 21, the Review-Journal said. He drove off with the woman as his passenger, and later allegedly forced the woman to engage in sex, police claim.
Las Vegas Justice Court officials told Casino.org that Harris was charged with one count each of sexual assault, first-degree kidnapping, first-degree indecent exposure, and three counts of first-degree lewdness.
Other unrelated sexual assaults have been reported to Las Vegas police, which are tied to local casinos.
One allegedly involved Cristiano Ronaldo, a soccer star. He was accused of committing a sexual assault more than 10 years ago at the Palms Hotel & Casino. The Clark County District Attorney’s Office recently said no criminal charges would be filed against Ronaldo.
Sexual assault is a category A felony in Nevada. A criminal conviction may mean a life sentence in prison.
Related News Articles
Similar Guides On This Topic
Related News Articles
- April 6, 2021 — 3 Comments—