Las Vegas Crime Roundup: Machete Attack, Bar Stabbing, Boulder Station Fire
Posted on: March 7, 2023, 02:49h.
Last updated on: March 7, 2023, 12:40h.
A Las Vegas man refused to go to court on Monday after allegedly attacking two people with an 18-inch machete. The victims, a man and a woman, were visiting from Florida.
The unnamed couple was staying at the home of Angel Valdez Quevedo, 60. The female victim said Valdez Quevedo had asked her to go to Fremont Street earlier that night. The downtown Las Vegas destination is home to many restaurants, casinos, and performance spaces.
But the female victim refused to accompany him, and in the middle of the night, Valdez Quevedo allegedly stabbed both individuals with the machete.
I’m sorry. I’m just jealous of you,” he told them during the attack, according to police.
Police found the machete and a butcher knife in his residence near Washington Avenue. The couple’s injuries didn’t appear life-threatening.
Valdez Quevedo is a convicted sex offender, Las Vegas TV station KLAS reported, based on information from police.
Quevedo is charged with attempted murder and battery with the use of a deadly weapon from the February 26 incident. As of early Tuesday, he was in custody at the Clark County Detention Center. He is being held without bail.
Griffin Lounge Stabbing
An unidentified person was slashed on Sunday at The Griffin lounge on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas. The victim’s hand was injured during the stabbing, Las Vegas TV station KSNV reported. The wound wasn’t life-threatening, according to initial police reports.
The stabbing occurred after at least two people got into a dispute. Police didn’t have details on the incident over the weekend.
No other injuries were reported.
Boulder Station Fire
A fire in the Boulder Station Hotel and Casino forced the temporary evacuation of part of the Las Vegas hotel around 3 pm. on Sunday. An overheated elevator motor on the 16th floor of the Boulder Highway property caused the fire. The motor smoked and led to a burning smell in a stairwell, according to Las Vegas TV station KTNV.
The incident was quickly controlled, and guests on the impacted floors were allowed back into their rooms later in the day. No injuries were reported.
The elevator motor was located in a machine room, KTNV reported, based on information from the CCFD. The elevator was put out of service until the motor was repaired. The billowing smoke dissipated on its own without fans or other forms of ventilation, Las Vegas TV station KLAS reported.
Fire officials didn’t have an estimate on the cost to repair the damage.
Related News Articles
Related News Articles
MGM Resorts Overhauls Las Vegas Table Games PolicyJune 2, 2023 — 6 Comments—
Thai Dice Cheat Sewed Magnets into FingertipsApril 25, 2023 — 5 Comments—
No comments yet