NZ bank transfer casinos – instant banking explained
Making an online casino deposit with your bank account is a simple, super secure and stress free process. And, thanks to third party merchants, you can even enjoy fast withdrawals.
If you’re not sure how casinos with bank transfer work, we’ve got you covered. Here you’ll learn the differences between the different types of transfers, as well as how to deposit real money and get a fast withdrawal.
We’ll start right out with our experts’ list of the best instant bank transfer casinos in NZ.
Best bank transfer online casinos in December 2023
Casinos with bank transfer to avoid
Some bank transfer casinos are better than others, and you don’t want to end up wasting time and money on the wrong site. We only recommend online casino sites that meet our experts’ stringent standards. Those that don’t, get a big, fat no from us.
The below casinos with bank transfer didn’t pass muster and we currently recommend that players avoid them.
Features of the top casinos that accept bank transfers
If you spot an instant bank transfer online casino in NZ with a certain range of features, then you’ll know that it is worth your while making a deposit. We’ve broken down the most important elements to help you know what to look for.
⭐ NZ Instant bank transfer casinos
💸 Minimum deposit
💳 Maximum cashout limits
⚡ Average payout speeds
1 - 5 days
No fees on deposit
🏦 Other payment options
Paysafecard, Interac, Paysafecard
🥇 Best bank transfer casino online
🎖️ Best for fast payouts
How we rate the best bank transfer casino sites
When we’re rating a casino that accepts bank transfer, our experts have a consistent set of criteria that they apply. These include all those aspects of NZ online gambling sites that can turn your experience into a pleasure or a disaster.
All our casino reviews are data-driven, honest and transparent, so you can follow our recommendations in full peace of mind. Below, we explain our process in more detail.
Nothing’s more annoying than being made to wait an unreasonable amount of time when you request a withdrawal from your online casino account. This is why one of the biggest priorities we take into consideration when rating an instant bank transfer casino in NZ is payout speed.
Most sites take between one to four days for the full transfer process. The faster the process, the higher our score. To give one example, Tonybet casino, which guarantees a payout within 24 hours, is rated better in this regard than Winawin, where withdrawals take between three to five days.
Most online casinos accept bank transfer but not all are accessible to low-rollers and casual players. If the minimum deposit allowed is too high, this means that a good percentage of players will be automatically discouraged.
Thus, sites like QuickWin, where you need to deposit at least NZ$40, are more suited to players that have a substantial bankroll. Sites like Spin casino, on the other hand, let you pick up a welcome bonus with just NZ$10. And you can even start playing with a minimum deposit of NZ$1, so it definitely gets a higher score.
Flexibility is key when it comes to the transaction limits offered by instant bank transfer casinos. Our experts like to see a reasonable minimum withdrawal imposed or, even better, no minimum. This is why BetandPlay casino scores higher than QuickWin, which comes with a NZ$20 minimum.
However, QuickWin does have a super-generous maximum withdrawal limit at NZ$14,000, so it makes up for lost ground there.
A bank transfer deposit casino may come with fees, but the trick is to understand whether they’re being charged by your chosen site or by the bank itself. In the case of deposits, the majority of our recommended NZ online casinos, like Rizk casino, absorb the bank’s fees themselves, and this is why we recommend them.
Withdrawal fees, on the other hand, depend on the chosen method. Banks will charge a percentage if you make a wire transfer to your account, but sending money via PayPal, for example, won’t carry transfer fees.
Overall cashier experience
Is it easy to find deposit and withdrawal terms and conditions? Are they simple to understand? Do you have to jump through hoops to finalise a cash out request? These are all questions our experts ask when scoring the best casino sites that accept bank transfer.
If a site offers an overall safe and secure cashier experience, it’s guaranteed a high score. QuickWin casino is a clear winner here, laying down all the terms and limits for each banking option clearly, without needing to be logged in.
Bank transfer casino bonuses
Unlike some payment methods, like PayPal, bank transfer casino transactions won't omit you from claiming deposit bonuses.
Of course the standard of bonus on offer also determines whether we give an instant bank transfer casino our recommendation. A generous welcome bonus with fair terms is a must. We keep our top scores for sites like Rizk, offering NZ$4,000 plus 50 free spins with a 35x wagering requirement. Compared to Ruby Fortune’s 70x on NZ$750, this is luxury.
We also love a solid loyalty promotion offering, which is why we highly recommend Winawin casino for its regular reload offers and live dealer promotions.
We’re talking money here, so safety and security are paramount. For starters, we won’t recommend an instant bank transfer casino unless it is licensed by a reputable gambling regulator like eCuracao Gaming or the Malta Gaming Authority. Some of our top casinos, like Rizk, even have double licences for an added layer of security.
We also check that games are provably fair and that all wins are awarded randomly. BetandPlay, for example, is regularly audited by an independent company called TechLabs, so we know we’re in good hands.
Overall casino rating
Finally, we get a feel for the overall casino vibe. We test customer support multiple times, as this is when a casino shows its true colours. Sites like LeoVegas, which offer 24/7 live chat and return very fast replies, get our vote every time.
We also look at how user-friendly the site is, how easy it is to find out favourite games and whether all terms and conditions are clearly laid out for easy reference. Finally, a strong responsible gambling program, like the one at Betway casino, also gets our seal of approval.
Bank wires, transfers and instant internet banking – how it all works
With so many types of instant bank transfer casinos in NZ, it’s very easy to get lost in all the jargon. Some methods are instant, others need three days to process a withdrawal. Some are free, others carry a percentage fee.
Below, we delve into the different types of bank transfer casinos so you can choose which works better for you.
- Bank wires: A bank wire transfer casino completes transactions via a third party provider that is not a bank. Examples include Western Union and MoneyGram. Such bank transfers made to a casino online typically take 24 hours, and the third party usually charges a processing fee.
- Bank transfers: This is a bit of an umbrella term that catches all the different ways of making an online casino bank transfer deposit in NZ. It includes direct bank transfers, online casino internet banking, wire transfers and even EFT transactions.
- Instant bank transfers: The immediate transfer of funds between your casino and your bank sounds like the dream, right? It’s a dream made possible thanks to third party merchants like PayPal and Trustly, which will process even withdrawals instantaneously.
- Internet banking: Possibly the easiest way to do a casino bank transfer, without the need of third party merchants. All you need to do is log in to your banking app and input the details. However, the bank can charge a fee both for deposits and cashouts.
How to make an online casino bank transfer deposit
Making a deposit at online casinos that accept bank transfer is a very simple process, which is probably why it’s such a popular option with Kiwi players. It’s no different to making an online payment at any other online store, and below we explain the process step-by-step.
Pick a bank transfer casino from our recommendations
Just click on the link and you’ll be taken straight to the home page.
Start the registration process
Follow the prompts and fill in the required personal information.
Navigate to the cashier section
As soon as registration is complete, you’ll be prompted to deposit money.
Choose bank transfer deposits from the payment method menu
Key in the amount you wish to transfer and other requested details.
Finalise the deposit
Confirm your transaction and watch the funds appear in your account.
Can you withdraw money from a casino via internet banking?
Ready to cash out your winnings? The best online casinos that accept bank transfer keep this process simple. Here’s how to cash out with a direct bank transfer.
- 1Log into your casino account: You will need to be logged in to access the cashier section.
- 2Visit the Cashier section: Click on ‘withdrawals’ and key in the amount you wish to cash out, making sure all wagering requirements have been met.
- 3Carry out any identity verification requirements: You may need to offer a form of identification or a utility bill or copy of your passport as part of KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements.
- 4Confirm your withdrawal: Double check your banking details to ensure the funds will arrive in your account.
- 5Wait for the transfer notification: In many cases, your bank will notify you as soon as the funds are in your account.
Additional transaction details
When using an instant bank transfer casino there are some other details to keep in mind. These can vary between one casino and another, as well as which bank transfer method you choose.
Below, we’ve gathered together a list of the main terms that will affect your casino experience as well as a range of averages to expect at a direct bank transfer casino.
- Deposit times - Instant
- Deposit limits - NZ$500 to NZ$10,000
- Withdrawal times - 0 to 3 days
- Withdrawal limits - NZ$4,000 to unlimited
- Fees - None on deposit, processing fees on withdrawals vary from bank to bank
Are bank transfer casino payments worth it – pros & cons?
Still not sure if you’d like to play at our best bank transfer casino sites? Worry not, our list of pros and cons below offers a handy comparison tool to help you make up your mind.
- This is one of the most secure casino payment methods available, whether you share your bank account number directly or you choose a third party merchant.
- Most NZ online casinos accept both direct and instant bank transfers as these are very popular casino payment methods with Kiwi players.
- You’ll be able to enjoy higher single transaction limits than with most other casino banking options. This is also due to the high levels of security attached to this method.
- Deposits are credited instantly and you won’t be charged any fees to transfer money from your bank to the casino.
- Withdrawal times can take anything between three to five working days, due to bank processes. You can avoid this if you use a third party merchant like PayPal.
- For instant banking casinos, you’ll need to set up an account with a third party merchant and share your banking details.
Try these casinos payment methods instead
Bank transfer casino FAQs
Can you bank transfer to an online casino?
Yes, many online casinos in NZ accept bank transfer as a payment option as this is a very popular casino banking method with Kiwi players. Of course, it’s always a good idea to read the payment terms first to make sure that your chosen site accepts them. To make things easier, this page includes an expertly curated list of the best casino sites that accept bank transfer.
Which is the best online casino accepting bank transfers in NZ?
Our experts have carefully analysed bank transfer casinos and found Jackpot City Casino to currently offer the best gambling experience. To reach this verdict, we tested a number of important criteria such as transaction limits, minimum deposit needed, maximum withdrawals allowed, generosity of bonus and more.
How long do casino deposits with bank transfers take?
Casino deposits made by bank transfer are processed instantly and you won’t have to wait between the time you finalise your deposit and the time you’ll be allowed to play. For more detailed information about all aspects of making an online casino deposit with your bank account, check out our section about bank transfer transaction terms.
Are there any instant bank transfer casinos in New Zealand?
Yes, you will find plenty of trustworthy instant bank transfer casinos in New Zealand, as this is one of the most popular payment methods in this country. To find our experts’ list of recommendations, navigate to the section about best casino sites that accept bank transfer.
Can you withdraw real money from an online casino using internet bank transfers?
Yes, you can withdraw real money winnings from an online casino using internet bank transfers. The process is very simple and similar to that when making a bank transfer deposit. Simply navigate to the cashier section, choose withdrawals and type in the amount you want to cash out. Check out our step-by-step guide to bank transfer withdrawals to learn more.
Written by Ramona Depares
Ramona Depares is an award-winning journalist focused on cultural and entertainment related content. Based in the Mediterranean gaming hub of Malta, she has taken a deep interest in gambling related news since the earliest days and has seen the global landscape evolve. Ramona specialises in the legal and regulatory aspects of gaming across multiple jurisdictions, with specific interest in NZ and US markets. She is also a best-selling author of fiction and non-fiction books.