Sands Venetian Accepting June 1 Reservations, Palazzo to Follow at Later Date
Posted on: May 19, 2020, 11:44h.
Last updated on: May 19, 2020, 12:08h.
Las Vegas Sands said today its iconic Venetian integrated resort on the Las Vegas Strip is accepting reservations for June 1. It added that guests visiting the property on that date and going forward can expect amenities similar to what was offered prior to the venue’s March closure.
Like other Strip venues, Venetian and Palazzo closed in March following Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak’s directive mandating shutdowns of non-essential businesses. Those properties were among the last in Las Vegas to close, doing so on March 19.
Upon opening, our guests can expect the amenities of a luxury Las Vegas resort, including: a full-service casino, more than a dozen restaurants, our fully renovated Venetian pool, and multiple retail outlets,” according to a Sands statement obtained by Casino.org.
LVS said Venetian will be the first to restart, with Palazzo following at a later, unspecified date.
Confirms Previous Plans
As Casino.org reported last week, LVS was long targeting a June reopening for the Venetian, but didn’t pinpoint a specific date.
The operator is requiring all staff to take coronavirus tests. Employees can also volunteer to take a second test – one that identifies if they carry the antibodies known to be effective in warding off the fatal respiratory illness.
“In light of the COVID-19 situation, we have launched Venetian Clean, our commitment to more than 800 separate initiatives to enhance safety and minimize risk for our visitors and Team Members,” said a statement. “Additionally, as we prepare for opening, we will be performing COVID-19 testing on all Venetian team members to ensure our workforce is ready to serve.”
Sands rival Wynn Resorts is also targeting a June reopening for at least one of its Strip integrated resorts – Wynn Las Vegas and the Encore.
Missing Out on Memorial Day
Decisions to reopen Silver State gaming venues sits with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB), which is requiring operators to submit reopening plans, but isn’t sharing the details and protocols associated with those proposals.
With that process still up in the air, Las Vegas operators are going to miss out on Memorial Day – one of the busiest weekends of the year for travel to the US gaming hub. That also means that even if some casinos resume operations on June 1, those properties would have been closed for roughly two-and-a-half months, including the first two months of the second quarter.
Nevada operators are undoubtedly itching to restart their properties, and pressure is mounting on a geographic level because casinos in neighboring Arizona are open again. Some of the largest tribal gaming properties in Southern California are also reopening this week in advance of Memorial Day, with others expected to follow suit over the rest of May and into June 1.
Noting that coronavirus policies are fluid, LVS said it’s allowing guests to cancel stays through July 31 with just 24 hours notice.
Related News Articles
Related News Articles
September 9, 2020 — 179 Comments—
September 19, 2020 — 27 Comments—
September 25, 2020 — 14 Comments—