Best Free Bet Offers of 2021
Discover unbeatable free bet offers from some of the best sportsbooks around. We’ve searched for the best bonus bets to help users maximize their sports betting experience. Start betting now by signing up to one of our top-rated sportsbooks below, or read on to learn how to use free bets to your advantage.
Sign-Up & Free Bet Offers
Sportsbooks on Our Blacklist
When reviewing online sportsbooks, we sometimes find sites that could pose a risk to bettors. This could be for a number of reasons, such as lack of legitimate licensing, poor customer support, suspension of accounts with no explanation, or other suspicious practices. Below, we’ve listed some sites that we’d recommend you avoid.
- Bettors have reported issues withdrawing funds
- Poor customer support
- Have been known to withhold winnings
- Failure to respond to complaints
- Reports of accounts being suspended with no explanation
- Payout process can be extremely slow
What is a Free Bet?
A free bet is a bonus offer that allows you to place a wager without paying the stake. Online sportsbooks will typically offer free bets to new users as a way for them to familiarize themselves with the site or app. In many ways, you can think of a free bet as an opportunity to place a wager with a reduced risk as you’re not contributing the stake yourself.
How We Rate the Best Free Bet Offers
Casino.org has a comprehensive process for rating free bet offers. Our team of experts follow multiple steps and examine each deal from numerous perspectives. Below are the features that we look at when reviewing and ranking the best free bet offers.
Naturally, bettors want as large a free bet amount as possible. Here we’ll be looking out for how generous a sportsbook is with their bonus. We’ll also check if the amount can be split over multiple wagers or if it must be used on one single selection.
Typically, a sportsbook will have wagering requirements attached to a free bet that will need to be fulfilled in order for a user to withdraw their winnings. We’ll be looking at the T&Cs of each offer to assess how fair these requirements are for the user. Low or non-existent wagering requirements will score the highest points.
Some free bets will have restrictions on the minimum odds that they can be used on. Here we’ll be looking for sportsbooks that allow free bets to be used on low odds as well as high odds. Typically, most sportsbooks will have qualifying odds of 1.5 (1/2) or greater – this is what we’ll be using as our benchmark.
Once a user’s account has been credited with a free bet, there’ll likely be a validity period to use the bet by. Generous expiry periods let customers take their time and use a bonus bet when it’s right for them. For this reason, we’ll be giving top marks to the sportsbooks that have large free bet validity periods.
Banking & Payout
When reviewing the best free bet offers, we’ll also be looking out for a range of withdrawal methods. We’d expect to see a good range of valid debit or credit cards, e-Wallet and bank transfer options too. Then we’ll be assessing the payout speed to ensure bettors aren’t ever left waiting for their winnings.
Safety & Customer Support
We’ll only recommended sportsbooks that are of the highest standards. In every review we carry out a background check that covers the licensing and certification of each site. Then we’ll be looking out for their range of customer support options to ensure they have their users at the heart of what they do.
Approval & Rating
After carefully analyzing all of the mentioned factors, our experts will rate the sportsbook and its bonus offer. The best free bet bonuses will be added to our shortlist. Rest assured our rankings are updated frequently to ensure that you’re getting the best deal possible.View our recommended free bets
How to Claim Free Bets Online
Free bet offers are easy to claim. More often than not you can get one just by signing up to a sportsbook. The process will of course be different for each site, but here’s an overview of what you can expect when redeeming a free bet.
- Find the free bet that’s right for you and head to the sport betting site. Be sure to look out for any T&C’s to make sure the free bet covers what you’re looking to wager on.
- Create your account, fill in any required details and log-in. Depending on the free bet you’ve chosen, you may be required to make a deposit to trigger the offer.
- Once your bonus has been credited to your account, it’s time to start betting. Place your selection at the qualifying odds and be sure to select the ‘free bet’ option.
Free Bets & Bonus Types
In order to work out which free bet is best for you, it’s good to understand the different bonus types you’ll likely come across. Here’s a breakdown of the most popular free bets that appear on most good sportsbooks.
A frequently used offer designed to attract new players to register with a sportsbook.
- Activated as soon as you make your first deposit
- Bonus match that can vary from 50% to 200%
- Available to redeem at most sportsbooks
Another type of deposit bonus that matches a bettor’s first wager with a free bet.
- Receive a free bet that matches the size of your first wager
- Free bet is often matched up to $100
- Available to use after registration
No Deposit Free Bet
A common offer that gives users a free bet simply for registering, with no deposit required.
- Get a free bet just for registering an account
- Keep the winnings if your bet comes in
- Offer must usually be used in full and on one single bet
An offer that allows users to place a real money bet with a bonus as a safety net.
- Place a real money wager on a single selection
- If you win, you keep the winnings
- If you lose, your account will be credited with a bonus bet of the same amount
How to Make the Most of Free Bet Offers
Free bets are an attractive part of online sports betting but like with any other wager, it’s important to use them wisely. To help you make the most of a free bet offer, we’ve put together a handful of our best tips below.
- When it comes to sports betting, it’s usually best to bet on the sport you know most about. Make sure your specialist sport is included in the free bet offer so you can play to your strengths. Take your time to consider the selections and find the one that will give you the best advantage.
- Typically, a free bet might have restrictions on what you can wager on. So before you place your bet, it’s key to understand the market types and odds that are available. This will help you to understand the exact outcome needed in order for you to win.
- Look out for the terms and conditions to see which rules are attached. It’s worth examining things like the minimum qualifying odds to see if the offer suits your betting style. The best free bets are the ones that don’t encourage you to bet on high odds, and that let you freely choose what you’d like to wager on.
- Make use of the full validity period of the bet. Bookmakers will typically give you 30 days to place your free bet as well as complete any wagering requirements. This gives you the time to place your bets carefully and not have to rush into a decision.
Calculate the best bonuses available online.
|Casino||? As some casinos will give the best bonus right on your first deposit, and others might require several deposits to unlock the offer, the casino with the best offer here will change depending on the amount you enter. Bonus awarded||? Total bankroll figures depend on the way the casinos award their bonuses. A casino might offer the same bonus as another overall, but will require 1, 3 or several deposits to reach the full reward. This is why the same casino can rank differently for different amounts you enter. Total bankroll|
Free Bets Bonus Calculator
Our free bets online bonus calculator allows you to quickly locate the perfect offers across the best online sportsbooks. All you have to do is enter the amount you want to receive, and our top recommendations will appear.
Tip: Look for a free bet offer that has low minimum odds and a long expiry period. This way, you’ll have the choice to wager on whatever you like and can take your time to find the best bet for you.
Free Bet FAQs
How do free bets work?
Free bets are granted to online customers as bonus funds and rewards. Typically, you can use the free bet instead of your stake when placing sports bets online.
Which betting sites offer free bets?
Nowadays, most online sportsbooks have welcome bonuses and free bet offers. If you’re looking for the best deals, you can find recommendations from our shortlist above.
What is a free matched bet?
A free matched bet is a bonus that matches the size of the first wager. For example, if you were to place a real money wager of $20 then you’d receive a matched bet of $20 back.
What is a risk-free bet?
A risk-free bet lets you place a real money wager with a bonus as a safety net. All you have to do is place a bet using real money. If the bet loses, you’ll be credited with a bonus bet of the same amount. If the bet wins, then you’ll receive the winnings as a reward.
What are playthrough requirements for free bets?
Playthrough or wagering requirements refer to the number of times that a bettor needs to wager their deposit amount in order for the bonus to be cashable. These requirements will be different for each sportsbook but are important to keep in mind before placing a free bet.
Can you cash out a free bet?
No, a free bet cannot be withdrawn as a cash value straight away. Free bets will have to be wagered first, then if your bet is successful, the winnings will be valid to cash out.
Can you withdraw free bet winnings?
Yes, though some offers may have T&Cs that apply. Certain sportsbooks will allow you to instantly cash out the winnings if the wager is successful. In other cases, there could be a wagering requirement that applies.
Are free bet offers for new customers only?
No, free bets bonuses are not exclusively available for new customers. Most operators will offer loyalty rewards to existing users in the form of free bets.
How do I find the best free bets?
Finding the best free bets requires research. You can see what our experts recommend by heading to our shortlist above.