Bitcoin & crypto casinos in NZ (2023)
As more and more people are embracing digital currencies such as Bitcoin, crypto casinos are rapidly growing in popularity. But with more Bitcoin casinos now available to New Zealand players than ever before, picking the best operators can be challenging. That’s where we can help!
Here at Casino.org, our dedicated gambling experts have decades of combined experience in the online casino industry. We’ve left no stone unturned in our in-depth reviews and have chosen the top crypto casinos based on payment processes, game selections, bonuses, support, and security.
Best crypto & Bitcoin casinos in June 2023
Crypto online casinos to avoid
As you can see on this page, we have highlighted only the most popular Bitcoin casino sites available to New Zealand players. Each of the best crypto casinos we list above provides a top-quality iGaming experience, generous bonuses, and smooth payment transactions. So, what about online casinos that don’t make the cut?
Well, we only recommend online casinos that we know our readers will love, but we also want you to know about casino sites to avoid. Below are the online casinos we advise you to stay away from. These operators do not meet our expectations in terms of licensing, reputability, fairness, and safety:
Why are these the top Bitcoin casinos in New Zealand – a closer look
When we select the best Bitcoin casino site, New Zealand players are guaranteed a memorable online casino experience. Our team uses decades of knowledge to provide comprehensive reviews of NZ online casinos. These sites boast the best games, the most lucrative bonuses, top-notch security, and strong customer support. Each of the top 5 casinos below has been through our multi-step review process and passed each of our strict criteria:
|Rank||NZ Bitcoin casino||Welcome bonus||Payout rate||Withdrawal time||No. of casino games||Deposit with crypto|
5BTC + 100 FS
NZ$1,500 + 150 Free Spins
100% up to €300
Features of the best crypto casino sites
You can expect to see some standard features across all the crypto casinos we link to on this page. However, each of these features will have slight variations based on which online casino you choose. This may be a different deposit limit or withdrawal maximum. Nonetheless, when you click a link to claim a Bitcoin casino bonus on this page, you can expect the following ranges across key payment features:
⭐ Crypto casinos in NZ
💸 Minimum deposit
NZ$10 - NZ$20
💳 Maximum cashout limits
⚡ Average payout speeds
2hrs – 24hrs
🏦 Other payment options
Mastercard, PayPal, Jeton, Skrill, EcoPayz, MuchBetter, Neteller, Bank Transfer, Paysafecard, Visa
🥇 Best Bitcoin casino NZ
How we rate crypto & Bitcoin casinos online
Our team of experts has decades of combined experience in the bitcoin casino market and knows just how to find the best sites that accept crypto casino payments.
Of course it's not just about ensuring a casino accepts bitcoin, we use a multi-step review process to rate every site we recommend without any bias. We pay attention to the details of the payment method and the overall casino experience, including these factors:
Crypto casino payment options
We understand that no two casino customers are the same, which is why we look for established and new crypto casinos that provide as much choice as possible. Bitcoin is the most common cryptocurrency, but online casinos are also increasingly supporting other virtual coins. Any operator that also accepts Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Tether, and other cryptos gets our seal of approval.
In fact, we’d expect these 6 options and Bitcoin itself at the bare minimum. Still, we keep our eyes peeled for operators that also accept traditional payment options such as credit/debit cards, prepaid platforms, and e-wallets. The best of the best Bitcoin casinos will also feature methods like Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafecard, and more.
You love playing casino games online and winning big, right? But you also want to get your money fast and easily. That’s why we only recommend online casinos that pay out quickly and securely. When we review a Bitcoin casino NZ, we check two things. How fast it approves your withdrawal request, and how fast it sends the money to your account.
Most operators approve withdrawals within 48 hours of receiving a request. Many New Zealand casino operators work towards the lower end of this scale, 24 hours or below. But with the top-rated sites on this page, you can often get a withdrawal approved within a couple of hours. Cryptocurrencies are one of the best payment options for cashing out winnings. At most top Bitcoin casinos, you will receive your funds instantly in your crypto wallet once the casino approves the transaction.
Casino operators set a minimum deposit that customers must meet to fund their accounts. While this can vary across casinos, the range is between NZ$5 and NZ$30 as a minimum deposit, meaning you must deposit this amount or more in cryptocurrency equivalent. Our team looks for cryptocurrency casinos that have low minimum deposit amounts of NZ$10 and lower, allowing you to start playing games for less.
You should also pay close attention to the minimum deposit for casino bonuses. Many operators have the same requirements for depositing and bonus deposits. Although, some crypto casinos may ask for a higher minimum payment for promotions, often as high as NZ$50. When we review an online casino, we clearly define deposit minimums you’ll need to pay to play real money games and claim bonuses.
Casinos have different rules for how much money you can put in or take out of your account at once. For example, casinos allow you to use cryptocurrencies to deposit or withdraw up to set monthly limits. But what if you win more than that limit by playing casino games? Well, you can’t just take all your money at once. You’ll have to split it into smaller amounts and wait for the next month. That’s why we pick Bitcoin casinos that let you move your money easily and quickly.
How much you withdraw depends on the casino you select. Crypto platforms usually have a higher withdrawal allowance than debit/credit cards and e-wallets. Some of the best casino operators available in New Zealand have a transaction limit of up to NZ$30,000, but others offer more modest cashout caps like NZ$10,000. The top-rated sites on this page tend to sit towards the higher end of the spectrum.
Overall cashier experience
Online casinos may charge fees for deposits or withdrawals, which can be as high as 2.5% of your transaction at some sites. However, some gambling regulators, such as the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), make fee-free payments a mandatory rule. Each online casino we highlight holds a valid license, so our recommended Bitcoin casinos will not charge NZ players for transactions. Luckily, cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin also do not charge a fee when you deposit or withdraw from an online casino.
Our goal is to help our readers enjoy convenient payments at online casinos. That’s why we evaluate every aspect of the deposit and withdrawal process when we review an online Bitcoin casino. Our team of industry experts hunt for NZ casino operators that offer a seamless payment experience with easy access to the banking section, a transparent payment policy, and simple instructions for making a transaction.
Because there are no online casinos natively available in New Zealand, there are special considerations we make when testing crypto casinos. Each site must support payment methods that are available to Kiwi customers. Aside from Bitcoin, these include options like Skrill, Neteller, POLi, and debit/credit cards. It is also important that online casinos provide transactions in NZ$ for a smoother payment experience.
Bitcoin casino bonuses
We know that NZ players love promotions as a way to boost their bankroll at both new and traditional online casinos. At the same time, we have experience and know that bonuses are not always as good as they look. That is why we specifically look for promos that are generous and accessible.
Alongside keeping our eyes out for types of Bitcoin casino bonuses, such as deposit match bonuses, free spins on pokies (slot games), refer-a-friend offers, and no deposit bonuses, we also detail the bonus T&Cs, like minimum deposits, payment restrictions, and wagering requirements. To give you an example, a generous Bitcoin casino bonus will boast a $10 minimum deposit (or less), no payment restrictions, and a 15x or lower wagering requirement, whereas the average lies between 30x and 40x.
Overall Bitcoin casino experience
When you play at online bitcoin casinos, you want more than just fast and secure payments. You also want a smooth and enjoyable experience on any device or platform, a good selection of pokies, jackpot games and live casino games to choose from, a way to gamble responsibly and safely, and a reliable customer support team. Some go one step further and even offer exclusive bitcoin casino games. We also highly rate casinos with excellent mobile usability, including HTML5-optimized sites and dedicated apps.
That’s why we evaluate all these aspects of each casino we review and give them a rating based on our criteria. This way, you can easily find the best bitcoin casino sites and compare them by their overall score or by features that appeal to you.
Crypto casino payment options – popular types
Did you know there are thousands of cryptos? These digital currencies, which are secured with cryptography, offer secure and anonymous transactions at bitcoin online casinos. But don’t worry – you will only find the most popular coins at online crypto casinos, including:
- The most popular and common cryptocurrency, Bitcoin (BTC) history tracks back to 2008 when a white paper detailed the new form of blockchain-based digital currency. New Bitcoins are formed by miners, and all transactions are verified by this group. Due to its success, Bitcoin casinos lead the trend of growing support for cryptocurrencies in the online casino industry.
- Bitcoin cash
- As the name suggests, Bitcoin Cash is based on the standard BTC and was forked to become a standalone crypto in 2017. At the core of BTC casinos is a faster transaction speed (100 per second) than standard Bitcoin (7 per second).
- Ethereum – known as Ether – is similar to Bitcoin because it runs on an individual proprietary blockchain. However, ETH has no cap, which means generating an infinite number of coins is theoretically possible. It is widely accepted at crypto casino New Zealand sites.
- Taking inspiration from Bitcoin, Litecoin was a fork of BTC that was one of the first Altcoins when it launched in 2011. While it shares similarities with Bitcoin, LTC offers faster transaction confirmations, more efficient mining retargeting, and lower transaction fees.
- As one of the most fascinating cryptos, Dogecoin was created as a joke and so-called “meme coin” in 2013. It was a humorous response to the volatility of the cryptocurrency market. Despite its origins, Dogecoin has become a legitimate digital currency. That is why it is available at plenty of crypto casinos.
- Ripple combines the concepts of cryptocurrencies and standard digital payment services. It is not crypto but rather a digital payment network that uses a decentralised peer-to-peer system. Ripple does not rely on blockchain mining but rather a distributed network that approves transactions.
- Tether is known as a stablecoin, which means it mostly avoids the type of volatile price changes that can befall other cryptocurrencies. This is possible because it connects with an external asset, allowing each Tether coin to be matched by an equivalent number of US dollars.
- Other options
- As noted above, there are thousands of cryptocurrencies available. Very few bitcoin casinos cater for them all. However, alongside the popular and common options above, you may also find support for platforms such as Cardano, Mifinity, Tron, Solana, and USD Coin.
What is crypto – bitcoin casino payments for beginners
Not everyone is familiar with cryptocurrencies, and even if you are, this is a relatively new payment method at online casinos. Bitcoin casino deposits and withdrawals may seem daunting initially because different steps are involved compared to credit/debit cards or e-wallets. To help, we put together the following step-by-step guides. With the information below, you can start depositing, playing crypto games and cashing winnings in complete confidence:
How to buy cryptocurrencies – popular bitcoin exchanges
Before you can fund your bitcoin casino site account, you’ll need to have crypto-currency available. That means you have to buy coins. There are several ways to do this, including peer-to-peer transaction networks and exchange funds.
However, the most popular method is to use a crypto exchange. By using an exchange, you are essentially accessing a broker network for buying and selling crypto coins. Popular platforms for purchasing Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies include:
- Binance: The world’s biggest Bitcoin exchange.
- Coinbase: US-based and the largest exchange in North America.
- Kraken: A secure platform with a wide selection of cryptos.
- Cash App: Mobile-based cash transfer app for quick transactions.
- Direct: Some online crypto casinos provide links to buy coins directly from the site.
When you purchase coins, you must transfer them to a wallet. There are two types of crypto wallets you can choose from: Hosted and Self-Custody. With the first option, the wallet will be hosted on a platform. If you pick this method, ensure the wallet is secure, compliant with laws, and easy to use. A second option is a self-custody wallet that allows you to control everything. While safer, you need to manage and remember keys and passwords.
After selecting a wallet, take note of the private key and transfer the crypto you have to the wallet.
How to make a Bitcoin casino deposit
With your wallet funded, you can now head to an online crypto casino and deposit funds:
- 1Choose a trusted bitcoin casino: Click a link to one of the top Bitcoin gambling sites we recommend on this page.
- 2Sign up: Register with the casino by providing your personal details (name, location, date of birth, email, phone number, etc.).
- 3Complete registration: Verify your account to access the casino site.
- 4Choose a crypto: Navigate to the cashier/banking section and choose the cryptocurrency you want to use.
- 5Set up the deposit: Enter the public address of your Bitcoin wallet and the amount you want to deposit.
- 6Complete your deposit: Finalise the transaction and wait for the funds to clear (usually instant). You can now start playing your favourite crypto casino games for real money.
How to make a cryptocurrency casino withdrawal
The withdrawal process is similar to depositing with BTC or other cryptocurrencies:
Start the process:
Return to your online casino’s cashier/banking section.
Choose a payment method:
Select your preferred cryptocurrency from the available payment methods (for example, Bitcoin).
Input your cashout amount
Enter the amount you want to withdraw. Just make sure to familiarise yourself with minimum and maximum withdrawal limits.
Connect with your wallet:
The casino will now prompt you to enter the public address of your crypto wallet.
Finalise the transactions and wait for the funds to land in your wallet. Depending on your online casino, this could be instant but may take up to 48 hours.
Importantly, you must verify your ID and address before you can cash out winnings for the first time. To do this, send your Bitcoin live casino a copy of a valid ID and proof of address.
Additional transaction details
- Deposit time: All deposits are instant.
- Deposit fees: Deposits at online casinos are free.
- Deposit Method: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and other cryptocurrencies
- Minimum deposit: NZ$10+
- Maximum deposit: Variable
- Casino approval time for withdrawals: Instant – 48 hours
- Crypto withdrawal time: Instant – 48 hours
- Withdrawal fees: No casino fees.
- Minimum withdrawal: NZ$10+
- Maximum withdrawal: no limits
Are Bitcoin casinos safe?
While the overall safety of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin is open to debate, there is no doubt that the technology’s decentralised nature is ideal for online casinos. Bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrency that operates on a decentralised network of computers called the blockchain. The safety of the Bitcoin network is maintained through decentralisation. For online casino players, this means deposits and withdrawals at crypto casinos have several advantages:
- Anonymous Payments: You do not share any banking or card details with the online casino.
- Secure Payments: The casino never has your private crypto wallet key, only accessing the public address, meaning any hack on the casino cannot steal information to access your wallet.
- Privacy: You do not need to give any personal financial details when paying with Bitcoin.
Cryptocurrencies are also perfect for customers in NZ who want to use online casinos. Like all casino sites, crypto gambling sites are only available from outside New Zealand. If you are in the country, you can access internationally regulated casino operators. When we review Bitcoin casino New Zealand sites, we look for the following specific security/safety/fairness provisions:
- Licensing: Every casino we recommend holds a license with a regulator such as the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) or Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
- Fairness: Our reviews detail what online gambling platforms do to ensure provably fair games. For example, we explain which testing labs casinos use, such as eCOGRA, iTech Labs, and Gaming Labs International (GLI). These organisations provide impartial testing of games to ensure casinos do not influence outcomes.
- Security and Privacy: Our review team checks online casinos’ privacy policies and security measures. We highlight when operators use tools such as SSL encryption to keep customer data private and secure. Most online bitcoin casinos check these boxes but the best go above and beyond to ensure full transparency and accessibility.
Should you opt for Bitcoin casino payments? Pros & cons
We always aim to provide impartial reviews of Bitcoin and crypto casinos. Each site we recommend on this page meets our strict standards. Even so, if you are thinking about using cryptocurrencies for casino deposits and withdrawals, there are some things you should consider. Below are the primary advantages and disadvantages of using this type of payment method:
- Secure: Avoid giving your casino access to your financial details.
- Fast: Withdrawals with crypto are faster than other payment methods. Online bitcoin gambling has seen the rise in instant payouts.
- Anonymous: You do not provide access to your bank, e-wallet, or credit/debit card.
- Many options: There are many different cryptocurrencies available at online casinos.
- Exclusive crypto bonuses: Many, especially new crypto casino sites will offer players crypto bonus offers as part of the welcome bonus to help boost bankrolls.
- Little regulation: If something does go wrong, there are fewer ways to reclaim funds.
- Volatility: Even at the most trustworthy bitcoin casino, cryptocurrencies are famously volatile, and the value of coins can change quickly.
Try these casinos payment options instead
If you want to play at a Bitcoin casino, you will have plenty of other payment options to choose from. Here are some of the common payment providers that you can find at many bitcoin casinos in NZ:
This is a well-known e-wallet service that provides security, speed, and privacy for your online payments. While it’s not as widely available as other payment solutions, one of the main advantages of PayPal is that you can withdraw your winnings quickly, sometimes within minutes.
Bitcoin casino FAQs
What casinos use Bitcoin?
A growing number of Bitcoin casinos in New Zealand support cryptocurrencies. You can see the best of the bunch right here on this page. Our industry experts have found the best crypto casinos and tested them to help you choose the best operator for you.
What is the best crypto casino in NZ?
While the best crypto casino in NZ depends on your personal preferences, we’ve highlighted the best of the best right here on this page. Each boast a flexible range of banking options, generous casino bonuses, and plenty of exciting pokies. At the time of writing our number 1 ranked casino for bitcoin is 7Bit.
How do I cash out bitcoins at a casino?
Placing a Bitcoin casino withdrawal is easy. Head to your online casino’s banking/cashier section and choose your cryptocurrency from the available options. Input how much you want to withdraw and then supply your public crypto wallet address when prompted.
Why are crypto casinos better?
Bitcoin or cryptocurrency casinos have several benefits that appeal to casino players. All transactions with cryptocurrencies are anonymous, and they are also secure as they are decentralised. Plus, you do not share your personal or financial details. Many also offer exclusive bonuses, bitcoin slots (pokies) and online online casino games.
Are Bitcoin casinos safe?
Yes, because we purposely choose the most reputable online casinos available in New Zealand. Speaking of the safety at a Bitcoin gambling site, each site we recommend holds a license with a known online gambling authority, provides security and privacy, and adheres to independent testing for game fairness.